AMEPPA is NOT intending to regulate behavior,
but rather to inspire the following:
I. Serving the Public Interest:
- Respond to citizens truthfully.
- Maintain transparency and help the citizens in dealing with government
- Promote the public interest.
- Resist favoritism and harassment.
- Apply care and justice in dealings with citizens and colleagues.
II. Displaying Personal Integrity:
- Take responsibility for your behavior, including any wrongdoings.
- Perform your duties without bias.
- Uphold truthfulness.
- Protect against conflict of interest.
- Recognize others for their work.
- Respect your colleagues.
- Refrain from using your position for personal gain wherever this would violate ethical standards.
III. Promoting Ethical Institutions:
- Hold yourself accountable for your action.
- Support accountability through proper measures.
- Devote your work to the public good.
- Augment aptitude for authentic communication, innovation, and devotion.
- Institute measures that encourage ethical conduct.
- Protect against retaliation.
- Protect against arbitrary and nontransparent conduct.
- Uphold merit-based system of values.
IV. Motivating Professional Competence:
- 1. Foster connection between academia and the practice of public service.
- Encourage excellence.
- Remain current on public policy and administration issues.
- Support others in joining professional activities.
V. Upholding Academic Freedom and Standards:
- Encourage the highest ethical standards among students, including academic integrity.
- Model academic and professional ethical standards in all research, teaching, and academic service activities.
- Promote free and open exchange of views on the basis of responsibility and respect for others’ opinions and beliefs.
- Oppose discrimination in all its forms within academia.
- Build a culture of public service engaging students and faculty and encouraging lifelong public service.