Article I: Purposes
The Association for Middle Eastern Public Policy and Administration (AMEPPA) is a global scholarly professional network for public policy and administration issues in the Middle East. It adopts an inclusive definition of the Middle East that does not exclude particular countries, culture or religious traditions. It encourages global participation and organized for the following educational and scientific purposes related to the Middle East:
- Promoting peace and prosperity in the Middle East through sound governance.
- Function as a professional organization of both academics and practitioners of public policy and public administration.
- Provide a medium for public policy experts and public administrators to share their expertise and experiences with each other.
- Devise mechanisms to help the public of Middle Eastern countries to participate in the improvement of public services.
- Build relationships with other international and national professional organizations devoted to public service.
- Help increase the representation of different ethnic, religious, and other groups in the public services of the countries involved.
- Help increase the quality of teaching and education in public policy and administration by encouraging its members to share their experiences and expertise.
- Collecting, compiling, and disseminating of information on matters relating to public policy and administration in the Middle East.
- Encourage and help its members develop and advance active research agendas on public policy and administration.
- Encourage the application of rigorous ethical and intellectual standards in the research applications and professional practice of public policy and administration.
Consistent with the above stated goals, AMEPPA carries out its functions in the following ways:
- Organizing and participating in the organization of global and regional conferences on the issues of public policy and administration in the Middle East.
- Conducting workshops and training sessions for practitioners of public policy and administration in the Middle East.
- Publishing and contributing to the publications of journals and books on issues related to public policy and administration in the Middle East.
- Provide a partnership with public organizations seeking to improve the following in the Middle East:
- Policy issues dealing with professional standards and the image of the public service.
- Policy issues with implications for the management of public organizations and the workplace environment.
- Policy issues relating to major program areas of public agencies.